Re: tlug: Linux DVD

You might want to try "Xmovie" which now has highly optimized, threaded
unencrypted-DVD playback capability.  I don't have the URL, however it is
by the same author as Brodcast2000.  Look on freshmeat.net for either
one.

--
Marc Christensen.
http://www.mecworks.com

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Austin K. Kurahone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been messing around with the Linux DVD code for the last day or so.
> (Sorry, GFL's been on /dev/back-burner for the last week or so, I should
> catch up over the weekend.)
>
> The current status is that I'm able to Authenticate the disk, but nist
> (the Mpeg2 Player) chokes on the output piped over from css-auth (CSS
> code *Gasp* *Shock*) spewing out a whole bunch of errors.
>
> My hardware is a Toshiba 3rd generataion DVD drive (32x CD, forgot about
> the rest, ATAPI unfortunately), and I'm running linux 2.2.13 with the
> following patches (SGI kdb, devfs v99.10, The dvd IOCTL patch hacked to
> co-exist with devfs).  The DVD I'm using to test this is a Japanese copy
> of Dr. Strangelove.
>
> Has anyone out there gotten dvd playback working?!?!
>
> Austin K. Kurahone
> Tokyo Linux Users Group
> "It didn't matter.  Not when all mistakes could be left behind at twelve hundered miles per hour."  --Ringworld
>
> Ps: I also put together a simple Perl/Gtk-Perl wrapper which in theory
> should handle all the steps neccecary for playback for me assuming the
> HOWTO I read is correct.  Drop me a line if you want a copy (Although
> this being one of the first Gtk programs that I've written and given my
> current Perl skills, not something I would want to show around ;-).

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD