tlug: Linux DVD

Hi,

I've been messing around with the Linux DVD code for the last day or so.
(Sorry, GFL's been on /dev/back-burner for the last week or so, I should
catch up over the weekend.)

The current status is that I'm able to Authenticate the disk, but nist
(the Mpeg2 Player) chokes on the output piped over from css-auth (CSS
code *Gasp* *Shock*) spewing out a whole bunch of errors.

My hardware is a Toshiba 3rd generataion DVD drive (32x CD, forgot about
the rest, ATAPI unfortunately), and I'm running linux 2.2.13 with the
following patches (SGI kdb, devfs v99.10, The dvd IOCTL patch hacked to
co-exist with devfs).  The DVD I'm using to test this is a Japanese copy
of Dr. Strangelove.

Has anyone out there gotten dvd playback working?!?!

Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group
"It didn't matter.  Not when all mistakes could be left behind at twelve hundered miles per hour."  --Ringworld

Ps: I also put together a simple Perl/Gtk-Perl wrapper which in theory
should handle all the steps neccecary for playback for me assuming the
HOWTO I read is correct.  Drop me a line if you want a copy (Although
this being one of the first Gtk programs that I've written and given my
current Perl skills, not something I would want to show around ;-).

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD