Re: tlug: timed and TurboLinux

"Frank Bennett (フランクべネット )" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I need to synchronize some Linux boxes here (including the machine from
> which this message is being sent...), some of which have TurboLinux
> installed.  Other boxes have "timed" in them, and the man pages indicate
> that it will do what I need --- bring all machines on a network into line
> with a master time server, and adjust the system clocks to reduce over-
> and under-runs of the served time between reset calls to the server.
>
> TurboLinux only seems to have an "in.timed" server process, which appears
> to be meant for outbound use only.  How can I "fetch" the time to a
> TurboLinux box --- or where can I find the source for "timed"?

rdate -s remotehostname

or

rdate remotehostname

to just see what the remote host's time is currently set to.  It
automatically will adjust for time zone differences, so you can use
rdate to set your box's time from another machine somewhere else in the
world, if you want to.

--
Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>