Re: tlug: PHT's HA Cluster License

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Adrian D. Havill wrote:

> Mailing list archive can be accessed from
> <URL:http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=linux-ha&r=1&w=2#linux-ha>

This specific thread is at:

http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?t=92631072600001&amp;w=2&amp;d=1&amp;r=1

... and it certainly doesn't portray PHT in the best possible light.

(paraphrasing)

PHT didn't credit the source of the kernel patches (visibly) until they
were publically bashed for not doing so.

This was not my concern.  I don't really like being charged ~ USD$1000 per
node for a user-space utility that I am legally prohibited from using on
anything other than 2.0.36.  Further, I do not care for the PHT audit
provision.

Sure, you're welcome to charge whatever you want for your user-space tool.
We're welcome to point out _free_ alternatives to your product, and to
evangelize _against_ your product just as loudly as you publicise it.

People on this list know that I've never thought much of TurboLinux's
technical merits.  Now I'm starting to wonder about what PHT is trying to
accomplish here (apart from the obvious -- make lots of money off
newbies/PHBs).

-- Chris (wileyc@example.com)

Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691