tlug: Perl's OO

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Maynard Hogg wrote:

> > Flipping through a few Perl books in the book store
> [snip]
> > I was rather
> > disappointed in their coverage of Perl's object-oriented and modular
> > programming features.
>
> The modular bits have been around for a while now, but the OO
> stuff is too new. (Hence my remark about the date on the TIll
> book.)

i've been using perl's oo stuff a while now, and it seems work just
fine.  (think it's been there since perl 5 release)  i found the
best places to study from is perl man pages.

assuming you haven't read much about perl's oo yet, however, it
may not be what you are expecting.  e.g, since perl doesn't have
strict type checking, polymorphism sorta doesn't make sense.

on the other hand, it's flexibility allows you to implement more
newer features of oo, like reflection and catch all method.  verty
interesting if you just like to know different programing languages.

koji