Re: tlug: Re: O"Reilly perl Books

At [Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:16:05 +0900 (JST)]
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote:

> (I dislike Perl on principle, but I'm always interested in learning)

Me too. But Larry Wall's writing style turned me right off.

> Flipping through a few Perl books in the book store
[snip]
> I was rather
> disappointed in their coverage of Perl's object-oriented and modular
> programming features.

The modular bits have been around for a while now, but the OO
stuff is too new. (Hence my remark about the date on the TIll
book.)

Maynard Hogg <maynard@example.com> <-- Perfectly valid, but...