RE: tlug: Re: Japanese input

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Olinsky, Craig wrote:

> I thought I might chime in here...
>
> > > I'd like what discussions went on back in the Middle Realm of
> > > Egypt 3000 years ago when they started trashing their Kanji
> > > system........
> >
> 	Most of them were along the lines of "We are Christians.  You are
> Pagans.  You must stop drawing images of false gods and learn to read our
> books in our language, or we will kill you." *accompanied by much burning
> and destruction of artifacts*

I'll refrain from flaming you only because that is not in the character of
this list, but religious bigotry has no place here.  Can it.

And if you make even the most cursory examination of history, you will
also discover that there *were no Christians* in Egypt or anywhere else
3,000 years ago.  The Christian era doesn't date back that far.

*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html