tlug: Linux on Pilot hardware [was Re: [tlug-admin: 243] Great news - SGI machines for the next meeting]

From: Joe Marchak <joem@example.com>
Subject: [tlug-admin: 243] Great news - SGI machines for the next meeting
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:17:08 +0900 (JST)

joem> >     i386/i486/i586/i686
joem> >     Pa715/Pa735
joem> >     Amiga 3000
joem> >     Sun ELC/IPC/IPX/1+/2/20

and now, SGI with mips right?  The Amiga has m68k.  I've been trying to
compile the kernel and filesystem for Motorola 68328 (3com Pilot).
I've compiled the kernel with the Pilot patches, uC-libc went fine.
I have not been able to compile the ROM filesystem genromfs-kja-0.2.

According to the patch, you can get to a shell, and use SLIP networking.
The LCD panel functions as a console.  There is an 8meg memory upgrade
for the Pilot that I am thinking of getting, but first I want to test
Linux with xcopilot and see if I can do anything useful.  Has anyone been
able to compile and install Linux in either xcopilot or the real Pilot?

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda craigoda@example.com http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda (my PGP)

*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html