Re: tlug: Debian

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Alan B. Stone wrote:

> Has anyone heard any news as to when Debian 2.0 is going to be
> released?  I checked out there website, but there doesn't seem to be any
> updates.  I'm sitting on the side lines waiting for it to come out.
> Thanks in advance,

The Linux Weekly News (sorry, I'm at home right now and don't have
the url on this one) has distribution info, and mentioned that it's
pretty much frozen and should go into beta soon.

Seems that there is a little bit of panic about Debian's future, now
that Bruce Perens is talking about creating a new Linux distribution...

> Also, if all works out I will be attending the June 13th meeting.  It's
> my birthday also, so are there any takers on after meeting celebrating,
> I mean discussions....

If it includes discussing the finer points of things like beers, then
I'm in (assuming that this occurs whilst partaking of them, that is)!

David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691