Re: tlug: emacs 20.2

>>>>> "craigoda" == craigoda  <craigoda@example.com> writes:

    craigoda> Hi, I'm still getting core dumps with emacs20.2.  This
    craigoda> is getting rather interesting since I have two accounts,
    craigoda> one is called craig and the other is called craigoda.
    craigoda> emacs20.2 works under the craig account, but not under
    craigoda> the craigoda account.  My .Xresources and .emacs files
    craigoda> are set the same.

    craigoda> When I run emacs under gdb, I get

    craigoda> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    craigoda> 0x4011d5cb in _XimSetHeader () (gdb)

    craigoda> which would indicate that something is up with XIM.  I
    craigoda> can probably deal with this, but it is more puzzling why
    craigoda> emacs20.2 works under one account and not the other.  Is
    craigoda> there another another configuration file?

The only thing that I can think of is LANG. Is it set different
between them? I had a problem like this on Solaris 2.5.1 with CDE. If
LANG was not set to some legal values, I was getting core dumps...

    craigoda> Also, whenever I use kterm, I'm getting this warning:

    craigoda> craigoda_@example.com:~$ kterm Couldn't set locale:
    craigoda> ja_JP.eucJP,ja_JP.ujis,ja_JP.EUC,japanese.euc,Japanese-EUC,ja,japan

I get the same message. I recompiled X to use X's locale
support. kterm still does not work. I tried to recompile it, but I'm
getting loads of errors...

    craigoda> However, my kinput2 input with xim works fine.

    craigoda> This is my locale directory.

    craigoda> craigoda_@example.com:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale$ ls C/
    craigoda> iso8859-3/ iso8859-8/ jp_JP@ tbl_data/ compose.dir
    craigoda> iso8859-4/ iso8859-9/ ko/ th_TH.TACTIS/ en_US.utf/
    craigoda> iso8859-5/ ja/ koi8-r/ zh/ iso8859-1/ iso8859-6/ ja.JIS/
    craigoda> locale.alias zh_TW/ iso8859-2/ iso8859-7/ ja.SJIS/
    craigoda> locale.dir

    craigoda> I'm now using the Xlib from jrpm that has proper locale
    craigoda> support with glibc

I thought that X locales and glibc's where separate. Thats why I went
to the trouble of re0compiling X, because from what I understand,
glibc does not yet support Japanese. More to the point, there aren't
any locales for Japanese under /usr/share/locale. Are these available
with the jrpm release? If so, can your point me at 'em?

Thanks,
	Andy
a word from the sponsor: