tlug: emacs 20.2

Hi,
I'm still getting core dumps with emacs20.2.  This is getting
rather interesting since I have two accounts, one is called
craig and the other is called craigoda.  emacs20.2 works under
the craig account, but not under the craigoda account.  My
.Xresources and .emacs files are set the same.

When I run emacs under gdb, I get

0x4011d5cb in _XimSetHeader ()
(gdb)

which would indicate that something is up with XIM.  I can probably
deal with this, but it is more puzzling why emacs20.2 works
under one account and not the other.  Is there another another
configuration file?

Also, whenever I use kterm, I'm getting this warning:

craigoda_@example.com:~$ kterm
Couldn't set locale: ja_JP.eucJP,ja_JP.ujis,ja_JP.EUC,japanese.euc,Japanese-EUC,ja,japan

However, my kinput2 input with xim works fine.

This is my locale directory.

craigoda_@example.com:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale$ ls
C/             iso8859-3/     iso8859-8/     jp_JP@         tbl_data/
compose.dir    iso8859-4/     iso8859-9/     ko/            th_TH.TACTIS/
en_US.utf/     iso8859-5/     ja/            koi8-r/        zh/
iso8859-1/     iso8859-6/     ja.JIS/        locale.alias   zh_TW/
iso8859-2/     iso8859-7/     ja.SJIS/       locale.dir

I'm now using the Xlib from jrpm that has proper locale support
with glibc

a word from the sponsor: