Re: tlug: hsync/vsync in XFree86

Scott Stone wrote:

> Ok, If I have a mode's resolution, dot clock, and the 4 timings each for
> Hsync and Vsync, is there a formula to calculate the horiz/vert refresh in
> kHz and Hz from that?

AFAIK, the last of the four numbers identifies the value loaded into the
respective counter. So just divide the pixel clock by the last value of the
horizontal timing and you get the horiz refresh rate. For the vertical timing,
you have to start from the horiz refresh rate, of course.

--
Klaus Kudielka			     Communications Research Laboratory
Tel. +81 423 27 6494	       Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications