Re: tlug: Permissions on /dev/audio, et al

    Scott> On Sat, 7 Mar 1998 oly@example.com wrote:
    >> just to keep this thread going even longer, note that making
    >> /dev/audio 0666 makes it possible/easier for a hacker to
    >> essentially bug your computer room.

No mike.

    >> P.S.: If I get the Japanese TurboLinux, can I still have an
    >> English environment?  I want to be able to use Japanese in
    >> menus, etc., but I usually use English and I'm not the only
    >> user.

    Scott> Yes, you can.  I do it at home :)

"If your OS doesn't do what you want it to, when you want it to, the
way you want it to, I don't know what you call it.  I do know what you
can't call it: `Linux'."

To be honest, you may have to do some configuration first, though....

If you want that eponym for PHT, Scott, my licensing terms are
reasonable.

}:-}

Steve

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: