Re: tlug: /bin/bash

Hello, everybody.

 Even though I can't answer bash problems, I can answer about the other
thing.

Rafael wrote,
> 		My kernel is 2.1.79 and I'm using RedHat 5.0
> By the way, has someone noticed that the FAT access on this kernel
> version is with bug? I mean, it's impossible to compile it?
 According to my vague memory, you cant't compile late 70 kernels
in condition 'CONFIG_FAT_FS=y'. This problem was solved in earyly 80
kernels.
 The latest kernel is 2.1.88. I advise you to use this kernel.
I've already been using this kernel for a week.
 As you have 2.1.79, you need to patch 9 times.
The method is as follows,
 # cp patch-2.1.80.gz /usr/src
 # cd /usr/src
 # zcat patch-2.1.80.gz | patch -p0

After you patched 9 times, start 'make menuconfig' or 'make xconfig'.

Cheers.
Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station