Re: tlug: Apache on Red Hat isn't working

Good Morning, everybody.

As a RedHat 5.0 user I'd like to answer
Jonathan wrote:

> I had Red Hat 5 install Apache along with just about the whole kitchen sink,
> but something doesn't seem to be working.  It can't be accessed from
> anywhere, not even the other computer sitting right next to it, or even from
> itself as either localhost or as 127.0.0.1.  Attempting access via Netscape
> just results in it waiting until the "server not responding message" comes
> up.
 At least on three machines I let Apache work with RedHat 5.0. So I
suppose RedHat 5.0 works well with Apache.

Check http server is active or not
$ ps ax | grep http
272  ?  S    0:00 httpd
284  ?  S    0:00 httpd

Check apache is actually installed
$  rpm -q apache
apache-1.2.4-4

If everything is OK, my advice is don't install everything.
When you install RedHat5.0, just select necessary software.
Don't start unnecessary daemons.

I hope this will help.

Chiao.

Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station