tlug: Qt and autoconf

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>

    Jim> http://www.troll.no) and ran into a roadblock called
    Jim> autoconf.

    Jim> I've never heard of it, but the makefile wants autoconf
    Jim> version 2.12.

Bad coding practice; users shouldn't be messing with the autoconf
stuff.  They should be distributing a Makefile.in and a configure
script, not asking you to make one.

You can get autoconf on any GNU site.  I've got 2.12 sitting in my
.../TarFiles directory, but haven't built it yet.

I don't suggest getting anything from debian/dists/unstable, you're
likely to get hosed by libc6.

    Jim> Hey, how come no traffic about the upcoming meeting? If
    Jim> you're planning on attending let me know and I'll put up a
    Jim> list on the TLUG homepage.

I won't be there; too busy doing laundry.  Wife is off dandling babies
(well, one)---ours.

Speaking of unspeakable coding practices....

#include <name.h>

protected Class Baby {
public:
  char* name;
  char* gender;
  int   weight;     // grams
  int   length;     // centimeters
  char* date_time;
  Baby(char* n, char* g; int w, int l, char *d) {
    init_Baby();
    name=n; gender=g; weight=w; length=l; date_time=d;
  }
private:
  void init_Baby();         // link in from /lib/marriage_task.so
};

int main (int argc, char* argv[]) {   // our args are numberless

   deliver(Baby(NAME, "F", 3510, 50, "8 Oct 1997 17:32"));
   Socket s = new Socket(BROADCAST);
   fprintf(s, "Woo!  Waaa!  HaHooooooo!");
}

Next TLUG meeting is Saturday October 11, 1997