tlug: Problems with CDROM detection in Caldera Lignux

tlug note from Dennis McMurchy <denismcm@example.com>
  Hi gang,

  I hope you won't mind me forwarding an email message from a friend
of mine in Wales who is not on the list.  I encouraged to explore
Lignux, suggesting he try Slackware (since that's all I know and use),
but he's gotten into Caldera Lite (Ultralite??) or something and seems
to be stuck on problems that shouldn't be.

  It seems that the install disk detects the CD drive fine, but no
way can he get the installed version to recognize it.

  Hope someone can suggest something.  I'm a bit stumped, really.

  Thanks.

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan