Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?
- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:45:14 +0900
- From: Thomas Blasejewicz <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.9.0
Good eveningIn the hope everybody is safe so far! .. and we all make it through the storm.I have a probably really stupid question.On one of my "experimental machines" I have Linux Mint 19, Cinnamon edition, installed in a 500 GB HDD WITHOUT partitions.IF I wanted to create a new 100GB partition, would it be possible to just "copy" or "move" the file system to that new partition,designate it somehow as "/" and keep the data in /home?Or: newly install the OS in the created 100 GB partition and then delete it is somehow from the resized data partition?Somehow I am hoping Linux has some slick tricks to do that. If not ... it is not a problem or particularly important. Sorry for this! Thomas
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Typhoon information links
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Typhoon information links
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links