Re: [tlug] Move the OS to a different partition?

On 10/12/2019 12:45 AM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Somehow I am hoping Linux has some slick tricks to do that.
If not ... it is not a problem or particularly important.

I think you can do this with gparted, right?? It's been a long time since I've used it but I believe I've done something along this line.

https://gparted.org/

Where you may hit problems is with the MBR (Master Boot Record) which needs to be in  a particular location on the disk.  But all that has changed in recent years too...  I think you may shrink the root and move home for this.

Steve S.