Re: [tlug] Buying domain names

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:24 AM Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> On 2018-12-09 20:52 +0800 (Sun), Raymond Wan wrote:
>
> > I'm using GoDaddy, but I have to admit that I didn't do any
> > shopping.  It happened to be the same company that a former
> > employer used before I joined them.  I was hoping whoever
> > decided for them knew more about purchasing domain names
> > than me...
>
> They did not. Godaddy is absolutely awful because, despite not being
> any cheaper than anybody else, they tend to spam you to death with
> advertising their other services (where they make their real money) at
> every chance they get.

Oh...  I haven't yet received that much spam from them, but it's also
quite possible that I'm receiving spam from them but can't tell it's
from GoDaddy.

Having said that, I didn't think my predecessor knew what s/he was
doing.  But I didn't want to sound bitter just because I had to clean
up a few things when I arrived at that job.  :-)

I'll keep an eye out for the level of spam coming from them...  Thanks
for the advice!

Ray