Re: [tlug] Any recommended hotel/hostel for Gaijin-san in Tokyo

There's a hostel in my neighborhood that seems nice and for a reasonable price. I walk by it from time to time and have stopped at the downstairs bar once or twice. It's called 'UNPLAN' [https://unplan.jp/?lang=en].

I would like to also turn the conversation towards the politics of APA and Nanjing since it has been recommended. I used to like APA -- they generally have very reasonable prices and a good value over all. But I stayed at an APA nearly two years ago and saw the book that caused the controversy, and I can say it was as offensive as any anti-semitic holocaust denials you might imagine finding in a neo-nazi hotel. It was certainly enough for me to immediately demand a refund and to refuse to ever stay there again. You all can of course make your own choices. :-)