Re: [tlug] Install languages

On 2015/10/28 16:08, Raymond Wan wrote:
Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Thomas <nyuwa@example.com> wrote:
With the Japanese however (this was the same on all other
machines/flavors) it says:
"some language packages are missing".
OK. I know that. But when I click install, I get the error message:
"Could not apply changes" Fix broken packages first."

I don't know if "sudo apt-get install -f" will help.
No, it did not.

 I'd suggest you: sudo dpkg --configure -a

This did not do anything either.
I tried manually installing the Japanese language pack with Synaptic. Does not work and I get the error:
"Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade.
The following packages have unresolvable dependencies:
language-pack-ja-base
Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences.

Someone on the Japanese Ubuntu list just happened to mention something similar and I tried the command given there:

sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-ja language-pack-ja
[sudo] password for thomas:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

language-pack-gnome-ja : Depends: language-pack-gnome-ja-base (>= 1:14.04+20150804) but it is not going to be installed language-pack-ja : Depends: language-pack-ja-base (>= 1:14.04+20150804) but it is not going to be installed

Does this mean something to somebody?

Remove language? I clicked on "Remove" at the bottom of the screen. No commands used.
Thomas