Re: [tlug] Laser printer for Linux

On 11/22/2014 03:15 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Raedwolf Sumner writes:

  > reason being, as Charlie noted, getting cheap cartridges and
  > refills is not so easy with the HP.

I don't care about that. ;-)

Your-tax-yen-at-work-ly y'rs,

P.S. No, I don't intend to reduce my research budgets to what I can
actually use productively, as a substantial part of my performance
evaluation is based on how big my budgets are (publications count
less, they don't contribute to the university budget ;-).

Then let me teach you a word you should know:

CONFERENCES

Tell you what ... I'll plan quarterly conferences for your department to host and it will only cost you a small fraction of the total conference budget for my services. I can get you Courtis, Krugman and Bloomberg, but Berneke would take some time and I may need to pay off an intermediary. Big Site is a bargain and the big hotels down on Landfill 13 (now called "Odaiba") pay gratuities and referral fees to conference organizations that send attendees their way.

So, where do I send the proposal? I'll print it out on my HP network printer using hplip (there, that'll keep the topic on track).

--
CL
Your direct link to Abe's third arrow ... and, if I'm not, my bank account is