Re: [tlug] [Was: Why Hollywood does break foreign films ?] Changing subject in thread.

On 15 August 2013 00:24, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:

> This is interesting. As I wrote "Foreign" (vs US), japan is not in the
> "foreign" group.

Quoth you, and verily thus:

"By (mal)chance, I got versions of some films that I loved, in French Version.
Nikita (completely rewritten in USA), "Le Grand Bleu" (different music
and meaningless happy ending),
"La Marche de l'Empereur", with broken music too (sorry, but Wurman's
score can be hardly compared to Simon's).

My questions: How could it be possible to break what was good films at first ?"

You mentioned specifically French movies being remade by Hollywood,
which might be of interest to a couple of TLUGgers, but not a
substantial number, I would imagine.

> But "The Ring" US remake would have been an OK off-topic.

I suppose so.

I wouldn't be shy about posting an "[OT] Why does the Hollywood remake
of 七人の侍 rule so much?", as many TLUGgers are interested in Yul
Brenner. ;)

> Japan is therefore not included in "US foreign countries".

Japan is not a foreign country to the majority of TLUGgers, given that
they live there. :)

> One more aspirin. And one beer, please.

The aspirin will accelerate the effects of the beer, which is good,
but the beer will dehydrate you, which is bad if you're taking the
aspirin for a headache. ;)

Cheers,
Josh "three emoticons in one email oh my god I'm turning into a
teenage girl" Glover