Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Laptop Assistance Please + Rant about Akihabara

On 14 June 2012 20:41, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 07:06:21PM +0900, Jawaad Mahmood wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm curious, though, if anyone here has purchased a System 76 laptop.  Their
>> top of the line, fully upgraded, doesn't cost that much - and is shipped with
>> Ubuntu.
>
> I've used rjtech, which seems to have something very similar to sytem
> 76.  It looks, judging from the pictures on System 76's site that
> they're using Clevo laptops, which is what rjtech uses.  The only issue

I've bought a few Clevos over the years (from PC Koubou), either for
myself or for school. I would say features have been short battery
life and noisy fans. Its been a couple of years since the last - have
they improved? They generally let me plug a live usb stick in and
reboot for testing in the shop. They have always worked properly with
Debian or Ubuntu (but I don't use suspend or hibernate. I'm a log out
and shut down kind of person).

nigel