Re: [tlug] Erratic Rsync Behavior: Coping with Multi-Booting Effects on Time-keeping

Just to give some follow-up on how I ended up dealing with my clock problems:

I played around with the settings of hwclock a bit, but none of the changes I applied seemed to take effect. I then reinstalled Debian (Sid), and the problem again surfaced in the new installation.

Actually, in all the years I've been running Sid, I've never seen a situation where as many things are broken as they are currently (a known situation, apparently, with Udev being one of the main broken items). For the past month, on five machines, I've had to unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard for them to work; I've also lost sound on most of my Debian systems. So I'm guessing that something is also broken with the clock in Sid, although I have not bothered to try to confirm it through Debian channels.

So I installed Ubuntu instead, and all has returned to normal.

In fact, I prefer running straight Debian, but for a while at least, shiyou ga nai.

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-0033, Japan

http://www.acmuller.net