[tlug] Computer to give away or sell

TLUG,

Got an older machine here, looking for a home. It was my Mythbuntu machine for a few years, but I've upgraded to a newer machine.

It's a Pentium 4 with 1 GB RAM, 350GB HD, some kind of Nvidia graphics card. It's not too bad a machine, actually. Note that I'm not going to guaruntee the specs, but that should be about right.

One thing that's nice about it is that it has "silent" CPU and graphics card fans, so it runs very quietly.

Comes with a Japanese keyboard and IR mouse, but no monitor.

I've wiped the HD and installed Ubuntu 11.04 on it. It's ready to go.

Ideally, I'd love to donate it in some way that would benefit those affected by the earthquake/tsunami. I bet somewhere is someone who lost a computer, or someone who can use a computer to help people out. Thing is that I have no idea how to find such a person or get my computer to them.

If anyone has any suggestions along those lines, then that will take priority.

If I can't find a charitable home for the computer, then I'll sell it for, like... I don't know... 5000 yen? Or best offer. I'm not really looking to score money on this, I'm just saying a couple bucks would make it easier to be motivated to carry the thing to wherever.

If it has to be shipped somewhere, I'll pay if it's for a charitable cause, but otherwise I send it chakubarai (COD). Or you can pick it up around or near the Ebisu area.

Please let me know off list if you are interested.

Thanks.

--
Dave M G