Re: [tlug] XEmacs vs. Unix

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2009-11-24 21:04 +0900 (Tue), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

 > > Uh, that's dead code....
 >
 > How can you tell?

No DEFUN, no DEFSUBR.

 > Anyway, even if it were, better the code dead than the idiot. (We really
 > love Josh, despite picking on him all the time. He's like our own
 > personal Steve Yegge.)

Speak for yourself.  I do not love Steve Yegge, who far from being an
idiot, is a much lower form of life: assus pompousiferus.

 > Additional bonus: this should optimize very well, and if it doesn't, we
 > can make sure it does with a preprocessor macro.

Haven't you heard?  GCC 4.6 is going to reserve to itself the choice of
whether to compile macros inline, or optimize them into function calls!

You just can't win....