Re: [tlug] WAN fail-over configuration in Linux-based router

Le jeudi 5 novembre 2009, vous avez écrit :
> Okay, so we're not talking about true BGP multi-homing here, but about
> having two separate ISP connections, using one as a primary link and one as
I think the same: no big weapons needed here :)

> So, the bottom line is, PPPoE or not, it's probably better to setup an
> infinitely looping script that will use a criteria of your choice to select
> the best exit; for example, you might want to ping a set of remote hosts
I'd suggest renting on the other end an extra cheap server (vps?) as router
with reliable network, and use it as entry point across the two ISP. Then
bond/trunk the two links in a passive/active or broadcast setup.
This would prevent dealing with dns problems for incoming connections, and
ensure etablished connections not being dropped (even though it was not
required).

Francois