Re: [tlug] Git Under Windows (Was: linux@example.com)

On 2009-10-25 16:11 +0100 (Sun), Attila Kinali wrote:

> > cjs [contemplating moving O(10^4) svn commits to git soon, and fearful....]
>
> Shouldnt be a problem. We (another we ;) are running parallel git
> repos for MPlayer and FFmpeg, which have iirc something in the range
> of 20k and 30k commits.

I'm not worried about whether git can handle Nk commits. The fears are:

  * Did I take the svn repos "apart" correctly when converting them
    to multiple git repos?
  * Did I manage to correctly snag all of the branches and tags?
  * Did I screw up anything else?
  * If I messed up anything, what's it going to take to fix it in a way
    that I properly preserve both all my old history imported from the
    svn repo and new commits in git.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com