Re: [tlug] linux@example.com How many widely can we do that?

2009/10/24 Christian Horn <chorn@example.com>:
> Hi *,

(...)
> What are your experiences with your employer?
> Maybe others just dont feel any pain in using windows for their work
> when something different would suit much more?
> I know some shops saying 'use the OS best working for you and just
> do your work'.

I have the doubtful privilege of being in charge of my employer's IT,
which means at the moment I am working with some shiny hardware
blessed by the Church of Jobs (due to the nature of the business).
Currently a MacBook, which for development work it is becoming a tad
slow so I am looking at mandating myself an amorphous blob of
penguin-friendly generic PC hardware for general purpose stuff and
relegating the MacBook to a corporate status symbol.

Ian Barwick