Re: [tlug] Open-source repository question

2009/7/17 Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com>:
> Jim Breen wrote:
>> Now, I'm a little stuck actually uploading the source files. The Google code
>> pages mention uploads in passing, but give no advice as to how to do it.
>> I suspect I have to install a subversion client to push things upwards.
>
> This is untested but it should be something like.

Thanks. I am trying to drive it from a server that has SVN installed.

> 1. Install subversion
>
> # yum install subversion
>
> 2. checkout repository
>
> # svn checkout */http/*s://xjdic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk xjdic

"Checked out revision 1."

> 3. copy files to working copy
>
> # cp [files to upload] xjdic
>
> 4. put the new files under version control
>
> # cd xjdic
> # svn add *

svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory

I suspect there is a step left out.... Do I have to create a ".svn"?

> 5 upload files to googlecode.
>
> # svn commit -m "initial import"

Thanks. Getting there.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University