Re: [tlug] Open-source repository question

2009/7/15 Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com>:

> Some of you may remember my old "xjdic" dictionary client
> which I first released in 1992. The last public release was 2.4
> in 2003. I still use it, as do quite a few other die-hards, and
> there is a debian package which seems to have updates of its own.
> In fact my local version has had changes as well, and there is
> an OS/2 port.
>
> I'd like to pull together some of the variants and place the whole thing
> on a public repository such as SourceForge. I have never used that
> sort of system, so I'd like some advice:

Thanks for the many responses and the interesting discussion (some of
which I understood.)

I decided to try out Google code, so I registered a project there, selecting
subversion as the manager for no other reason than I'd heard it was good.

Now, I'm a little stuck actually uploading the source files. The Google code
pages mention uploads in passing, but give no advice as to how to do it.
I suspect I have to install a subversion client to push things upwards.

The "Downloads" area has an upload facility. I started to use it, but I see
they don't go near the SVN tree, so I stopped for now. I really don't want
to have to plough through a book just to upload some files.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University