[tlug] Open-source repository question

Greetings,

Some of you may remember my old "xjdic" dictionary client
which I first released in 1992. The last public release was 2.4
in 2003. I still use it, as do quite a few other die-hards, and
there is a debian package which seems to have updates of its own.
In fact my local version has had changes as well, and there is
an OS/2 port.

I'd like to pull together some of the variants and place the whole thing
on a public repository such as SourceForge. I have never used that
sort of system, so I'd like some advice:

- what is a good one to use?
- what are the merits/demerits of the possibilities?
- how best to load the stuff up there?
- should I set it up for configure/make/make install? (I don't
at present) If so, what's involved?

TIA

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University