Re: [tlug] Amarok 2 sucks (Was: Database frontend in Linux)

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 14:22, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
> Josh et all,
>> They're working on a new version of Amarok, which breaks most of what
>> made it awesome
>
> Amarok 2.0 comes standard in Ubuntu Jaunty, so I gave it a whirl when I
> upgraded. Unfortunately, what Josh says is spot on. Amarok 2 is a hot
> mess of unusable interface, poorly implemented new features,
> incompatibility with previous play lists, and other problems.
>
> Amarok 1.4 is sweet music listening goodness, so much so that it makes
> you wonder why they went so wrong with version 2.0. I understand they
> had to conform to new KDE standards, but still...
>
> Anyhoo... if you're on Ubuntu and you get saddled with the crap-fest of
> Amarok 2.0, follow this guide to get Amarok 1.4 back:
> http://nomad.ca/blog/2009/apr/3/amarok-14-jaunty-ubuntu-904/
>
> Hopefully in the future the Amarok developers will come to grips with
> how much they have ruined a good thing and bring future Amarok versions
> back in line with what worked so well before.

Actually the whole KDE4 is a big mess. even in 4.2 most features I
loved in kde3 are just missing or not there. I seriously ask myself
WHY? Very strange. Sort of makes linux on the desktop even a bigger
joke to me ...

--
Clemens Schwaighofer
gullevek@example.com / gullevek@example.com