Re: [tlug] Overall H/W support for Linux on the Eee PC

> On Jan 21, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Pietro Zuco <pietro@example.com> wrote:
>>

> Wireless hardware detected but connecting to a wifi network with wep
> failed using the bundled NetworkManager app which made this rather
> useless.  So many of the wifi guis in Linux have been fickle in my
> experience which is a shame. Especially on laptops.

Same here with an MSI wind. After following some leads I dumped NM and
installed wicd instead. Problem fixed. I was so impressed I did the same
on my Aspire One, where NM was working mostly but not when I was in a
hurry.

> Also I don't know if its kde4's lack of respect for lower resolution
> screens or opensuse's configuration of kde4 but I found dialog box
> after dialog box with buttons never fitting on the screen which is
> really irritating when you cannot click Yes or Shush and let me do work

Yes this is a real bummer, also on Gnome, and even on Dell's customised
netbook version. You can rotate the screen to see the buttons, and then
rotate it back. I think in the screen resolution applet. That's when
sliding the panel out doesn't do it, and your guesses with tab and enter
are not working.

The long dialogues are app-dependent I think.

nigel