Re: [tlug] programmer competency matrix

On 2009-01-16 15:24 +0900 (Fri), Brian Chandler wrote:

> So it _isn't_ a matrix, is it?

Nope. And there are also some sort-of-odd questions in there that I
don't understand. The whole thing wants an edit, I think.

> Then I spotted that I don't know what currying is (even though it seems you
> do a lot of it), but have written in Prolog. Ah, but then I found:
>
> 1. The levels are inclusive, i.e. some one at level 3 must meet the
> criteria for all levels below.

Yup. That's one thing I like about it; it ensures that you have
reasonably broad knowledge if you go up a level or two.

Actually, I think that particular row could go further; perhaps give
a bonus for level 4 if the candidate understands Hindley-Milner type
systems and/or monads, and add a level 5 for having implemented an HM
type system, with bonus points for one with GADTs and dependent types
and so on.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com