[tlug] programmer competency matrix

Edward Middleton wrote:
I like the programmer competency matrix.  Irrespective of whether it is
effective at rating competency, it says a lot about your thoughts on
programmer competency.

Yes, it's interesting. I was going to make a smart comment that it isn't a matrix (yes, I know it's an HTML table...); rather it's a multidimensional scoring system - a person's assessment is an array of values of how well they do on each criterion.

Then I spotted that I don't know what currying is (even though it seems you do a lot of it), but have written in Prolog. Ah, but then I found:

1. The levels are inclusive, i.e. some one at level 3 must meet the criteria for all levels below.

So it _isn't_ a matrix, is it?

Brian Chandler