[tlug] [announcement] 2009-01-10 TLUG Technical Meeting

-=-=-=- Announcement: 2009-01-10 TLUG Technical Meeting -=-=-=-=-

  Meeting information

  Date: January 10th (Saturday)

  Time: 14:00 - 16:30
        (doors open 13:30)

  Place: SUN Microsystems, Inc.
         SBS Tower, 27th floor
         4-10-1 Yoga
         Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan

  Details:
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:Locations:Yoga:Sun

  Main Topic)

         "AWS and deploying Linux with EC2"
         By Mauro Sauco

  Unstructured Workshop)

         "Bring your projects and problems"
         By TLUG

This month, Mauro Sauco will be giving an introduction and demonstration
of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and in particular will be showing how to
deploy new Amazon Machine Instances (AMIs) to EC2.  He will also explain
how to manage instances.

The presentation will be followed by an unstructured workshop session.
If you have projects you are hacking on or Linux and open source related
problems bring them to this session.

If you are involved in a project or have something you would like to
talk about in this or a future technical meeting, we are always looking
for presenters.

Other items on the agenda are:
1. Introduction of new members, news about Linux/Open Source,
general announcements, Q&A
2. Auction

All Linux users and supporters of open source code and free software
are invited to attend this Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG) meeting.
Membership is open to anyone. There are no membership dues or entrance
fees.

After the meeting, we will continue chatting over a few beers.

About TLUG
regular physical meetings. Discussions are primarily held in English,
but non-English speakers are encouraged to come and participate.
We especially want to encourage Japanese people to attend and will make
efforts to support a bilingual meeting.

TLUG generally hosts technical meetings every odd month on the 2nd
Saturday, and a nomikai (social even at a pub) every even month on the
2rd Friday.

The TLUG home page is available at http://www.tlug.jp

For any instructions or info before the meeting:
    Edward Middleton ............. 090-3689-0292
    Pietro Zuco .................. 070-6648-7988