Re: [tlug] [OT] Interesting info for foreigners living in JP

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Kenneth Burling <burlingk@example.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I have not read much more than the first few paragraphs on his front
> page, but I do have a semi-on-topic comment.
>
> The CSS for his web page sucks! :P On a 15 inch monitor I have to
> adjust my browser settings to read everything.  ^^;;

Ok.  More comments on his site.

I did not even click on the activism link.  If his "friendly" site is
any indication, it will be mostly rants.

Reason I say that, is beyond the CSS issues I already mentioned, When
I clicked on the link that was supposed to be to helpful info (with
the activism filtered out), first I got blasted by anger and hatred,
followed by more than a page of advertisement for his book, followed
by the most disorganized listing of links I have ever seen...

I hit the back button, because he did have a number of quick links
there.  These links do go directly to the information promised, but
still the overall content of those pages seem to be overly tainted by
anger.  Part of it is directly stated, and part of it is just in the
way he twists his words and turns his phrases.

As a person that is interested in going through the processes of
getting a spousal visa, and eventually permanent residency status, the
information he has there can be very useful, but I do not know if I
want to dig through the anger and angst to get to it.

I am just wondering if he realizes that his "non-activist" site reads
like what most people would expect from site for militant activists?