Re: [tlug] booting vista partition inside linux (Fedora 10)

On 2008-12-19 19:53 -0500 (Fri), Joe Larabell wrote:

> VMware player can be d/loaded and used free (as in beer).

Correct.

> I'm not sure if the free VMW player allows you to create your own
> image -- I assume it does.

My understanding is that you can use only configurations (e.g., a
Windows virtual host as the master, and one Linux virtual host as the
slave) that are supplied by those have bought the non-free VMWare.

You might also have a look at Xen, which has done full
virtualization--that is, non-Xen client systems (for those CPUs which
support it)--for quite some time now.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com