Re: [tlug] Freely distributable Japanese capable utf8 font?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
There are
also characters that have not been standardized in Unicode (ask any
Ukrainian, although that particular Russian oppression may have been
remedied by now).

Serbo-croat is still lacking, at least in its Cyrillic version - Unicode doesn't have accented Cyrillic characters. Of course this is what combining characters are for, but it's a messy character/grapheme distinction.

I know this because I had to recently write
http://svn.perl.org/viewvc/parrot/trunk/docs/pdds/draft/pdd28_character_sets.pod?view=markup

You can also render the document (or individual characters)
server-side and send them as images.

Urgh.

Incidentally, it's shareware, but it's still worth a look:
http://www.code2000.net/

--
Rule the Empire through force.
		-- Shogun Tokugawa