Re: [tlug] dual boot - Windows/Linux

On 9/28/07, Greg Thomson <gregt@example.com> wrote:
> To the windows system yes. To the linux system it's still EXT3.
> I believe EXT3 to backwards compatible with EXT2.

Yes I'm aware of this, but if you drop the journaling from an ext3
volume then it pretty much has "become" and ext2 volume.

If Windows does not drop the journal but ignores it then this will
leave your journal in an unknown state when you reboot to Linux. After
all there may be changes made by Windows that have not been journaled.
Thus a journal rebuild may be required when next you boot to Linux.

Regards, Keith