Re: [tlug] dual boot - Windows/Linux

Brett Robson <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> I've got a new computer which I want to set up dual boot Debian and
> Windows Server 2003. I'm just wondering about the file system for the
> shared partitions which would hold music files, video etc. Normally
> you'd use NTFS for Windows but I'm wondering how Linux handles it, or
> would FAT32 be best?

Linux can reliably read NTFS filesystems, but can not _reliably_
write to them. Linux can reliably read and write FAT32 filesystems.

You could take a different approach and have Windows
grok Linux style filesystems with something like:

   http://www.fs-driver.org/
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd
   http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/ext2ifs.htm