Re: [tlug] dual boot - Windows/Linux

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:56:26 +0900, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:

On 9/27/07, Greg Thomson <gregt@example.com> wrote:
Getting Windows to read and write to a EXT2 fs sounds a cool approach.
I have heard it will read and write to EXT3 too but that you will lose the
journaling.

Wouldn't that pretty much then be an ext2 volume?

Regards, Keith

To the windows system yes. To the linux system it's still EXT3.
I believe EXT3 to backwards compatible with EXT2.
For more detail see http://www.fs-driver.org/faq.html#acc_ext3

Greg

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows or gates?
-Graham Williams