Re: [tlug] ScrumMaster training in Tokyo!

Hi,

On 9/24/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> I have to say, while I don't have much objection to certifications
> (though I don't take too much notice of them myself), I find the use of
> the word "Master" in their certification rather annoying, since "master"
> usually implies to me someone who is not only good at what he does, but
> has a great deal of experience that can be usefully brought to bear on
> the problems he is called upon to solve.

I'm not an expert, I've been part of a scrum team for just a few
months now, but Scrum Master is one of the roles on the team. They're
the guy/gal interfacing with the product owner, protecting their team
from the noise the owner often generates.

I guess this training aims to prepare people for that role, and the
given the context the term ScrumMaster isn't intended to express
experience and mastery of scrum.

Of course, those unfamiliar with scrum (ie. HR/hiring managers) may
well be misled by such a title on one's resume ;)

Mike