Re: Emacs splash screen [was: Re: [tlug] lynx proxy settings

Stephen J. Turnbull さんは書きました:
> Nguyen Vu Hung writes:
>
>  > Not a big issue if it can be easily configured. Packagers like Redhat
>  > will patch emacs anyway in their distributions so end-user will not
>  > suffer the BS. We know it is annoying.
>
> No, they won't.  GPL requires that the equivalent be preserved, I
> doubt they'll be willing to try to balance sanity and keeping FSF
> lawyers off their back.

It reminds me of some shareware that pop-ups a reminder about paying for
it every time I open it.

The goal they want to archive is "display a splash screen at startup",
Why it must be at startup but not in C-h C-p page? It should be in
*somewhere*, not necessary *here* in the startup.

I can't stop thinking of this metaphor when reading that thread :D

Actually, RMS withdraws the statement that I am a newbie - emacs will
keep taking FILE as an argument like it used to be. And splash screen
won't show up if run with emacs -nw. Distribution packagers will remove
it, under X or console. Anyway.

BR,

NVH