Re: Emacs splash screen [was: Re: [tlug] lynx proxy settings

Stephen J. Turnbull さんは書きました:
>  > I've seen a screenshot of emacs23 with a nice picture in the
>  > startup place. Does it look very similar to XEmacs?
>
> Not a question that has good answers.  Although I suppose they can be
> configured to look very similar, there are a wide variety of possible
> configurations of both that will look more different from each other
> within a project than similar configurations do across projects.

Not a big issue if it can be easily configured. Packagers like Redhat
will patch emacs anyway in their distributions so end-user will not
suffer the BS. We know it is annoying.

>  > If I run "emacs filename", it shows the start page on the top pane and
>  > "filename" on the bottom pane. Thus I need an unnecessary  C-x C-k to
>  > kill it.
>
> Yup.  Political BS, who needs it?

So what do *YOU* ( personally ) think about this?
I don't have a big stomach and a vocabulary to read the whole thread.

BR,

NVH