Re: [tlug] No more Gentoo

On 11/08/07, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> Secondly, with all due respect to all the people who have worked on
> Gentoo, my own impression was that he singlehandedly began its
> popularity with superb documentation.

I agree whole-heartedly.

> Of course, I think Josh is a great guy too, but in the case of Gentoo, I
> always thought Daniel Robbins did have certain bragging rights.

Oh, no question about that. My point was simply that it was Daniel who
decided to walk away from Gentoo, not the other way around. So while I
feel he has every right to be proud of Gentoo, he is less entitled to
have a say in how it is currently run. I have gotten the feeling over
the last three years or so that Daniel wants all the privileges of
being head of the Gentoo project without any of the responsibilities.
And it just doesn't work that way.

--
Cheers,
Josh