Re: [tlug] using mutt in a bash script: Name with '<'

Michal Hajek writes:

 > * jep200404 (jep200404@example.com) [070808 15:31]:
 > > What if your friend has an '<' in his or her name?
 >
 > hmm, I admit I did not think about it.
 > I can only say that this is not the case in _my_situation_.
 >
 > Another thought is whether this kind of situation violates rfc or not.

It doesn't.  I forget the rules exactly, but basically the only ASCII
characters you cannot have in a comment are CRLF and closing
parentheses, while the only things you can't have in a quoted atom is
CRLF and a double quote mark.

However, it should work to have

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com>

(nb, period is illegal in this context unless quoted).